Search This Blog

1/05/2014

The Bling Ring Book Review + OOTD

Hello everyone! So, as promised I will be doing a review of the book I just finished called The Bling Ring by Nancy Jo Sales. If I were to give it a number of stars out if 5, I'd give it 3.5/5. I personally really liked it, but it's not for everyone. It's a true story about a crime ring called "The Bling Ring" who robbed celebrities clothes, jewelry, money, etc. It was based off of Sales article in Vanity Fair called "The Suspects Wear Louboutins". It includes interviews with the suspects themselves, the police, and really just portrays how obsessed we are with celebrities and 'celebrity'. How we'd even go so far as to walk right into celebrities homes and take their property. I would definitely recommend this book.

This is the cover of the book, which includes the actors from the movie "The Bling Ring" starring Emma Watson as one of the main characters, "Nikky" in the movie, "Alexis" in the book. The movie was also based off of Sales article.

Here we have all of the suspects in the case. Seeing their pictures and putting a face to all the characters in the story really made this book much better. Especially with Nick. I found his picture to reveal a different person than I had imagined while reading before I discovered their pictures.

It also has pictures throughout of the various celebrities and suspects. This was a picture of Alexis and was in Sales' article.

It's split into 3 parts, and some of the chapters are only 3 or so paragraphs in length, which I found made it a perfect before bed book, because I could always wait until the chapter is over to fall asleep which I often can't do with books that have really long chapters.

All in all, I really enjoyed it, and I'm glad to have picked this up.

I also wanted to include my outfit of the day. I wore my Lulu leggings, a long sleeved tee from Urban Outfitters and a comfy studded shoulder sweater from Topshop. I also wore my American Eagle watch as always, and a pink and gold flower ring from H&M. I also wore my Baby Lips lip balm from Maybelline. When I first got it, I found it acted as more of a gloss and never really hydrated my lips. But I put it on for kicks this morning and my attitude has completely changed. Definitely a great lip balm. It kind of mirrors the effects of Vaseline on your lips.

 
 
 

Anyways, that's all for today, talk to you tomorrow!

xoxox
 

No comments:

Post a Comment