Hello everyone! I'm super excited because Lilian Chen over at My Guide to All Things Beauty nominated me for a Liebster Award! I'm super excited because I have just reached 70 followers on Bloglovin' and I can't believe anyone even follows me let alone thinks I'm an 'up and coming blogger'! I'm so thankful for all of my followers. I really just started this as a way to fill some of my time as I'm quite bored and left with few hobbies now that I've graduated university and now it's starting to become much more than that, and I hope it continues!
Anways, for anyone that doesn't know the Liebster award is given to up and coming bloggers who have 200 followers or less. There are a set of rules to abide by which are listed below.
1. Post about the Liebster award and thank the blogger who nominated you.
2. Write 11 facts about yourself.
3. Answer 11 questions created by the blogger who nominated you.
4. Nominate 11 other bloggers with around 200 followers or less as the aim is to help people connect with more blogs (and get even more followers).
5. Write 11 new questions for your nominees.
Alright, so 11 facts about myself:
1. My birthday is on St. Patrick's Day (March 17th) and I will be 23 this year!
2. I have an Honours Psychology degree from university.
3. I used to absolute hate the colour yellow and I still don't like orange even though it's become a lot more fashionable over the past couple of years!
4. I never wear sweatpants or comfy pajama clothes around the house unless I am going to bed. I can't be motivated to do anything until I'm up and dressed for the day.
5. My feet are two different sizes, and are off by 1/2 a size.
6. My current boyfriend is my first, and we will have been today for a year and a half on February 25th, which I think is pretty impressive for the first go!
7. I am addicted to clothes and shopping, and am going crazy because I haven't found a job yet, and therefore haven't been able to go shopping in awhile!
8. I own a blue Holga camera, and love getting the film developed.
9. I have a black cat named Trigger, and he is 7 yrs old!
10. I lost 30lbs over the span of summer 2012 to summer 2013.
11. I'm kind of a super shy introvert when you first meet me, but become a really loud extrovert the more you get to know me.
Alright, and now to answer the questions that Lilian left for me:
What was the last things that made you smile?
Reaching 70 followers! So happy!
What are you doing on Valentine's Day?
Probably staying in and drinking hot chocolate and playing video games with my boyfriend.
Why did you start blogging?
I had just moved towns and finished university, and I needed a hobby, and since I enjoyed watching Beauty Gurus on youtube and reading their blogs, I thought I would give it a go!
What do you want to be remembered for?
Helping others (preferable through psychotherapy!) and being extremely empathetic and understanding.
What is your favourite beauty product?
It's a toss up between concealer and mascara. Mascara ties everything together, whereas concealer is like magic and I can usually get away with no foundation and concealer around my eyes and on my blemishes!
Where was the last country you visited?
Well, I've only ever lived in Canada and visited the US, so probably the United States.
What essential makeup item do you think most girls/women need?
Hands down mascara.
What is your most treasured item of clothing?
Hmm... probably my leggings, believe it or not. I wear them almost every day, and if I could only choose one thing to keep, it would probably be them.
Would you rather Roses or Lilies?
Which one do you prefer: Winter or Summer?
Summer! So excited that it's almost Spring, because that means skirt and dress season is coming!!!
What is the most adventurous food you have ever eaten?
This is a tough one because I'm very picky... I want to say lobster and clams, but I don't think that's very adventurous!
(To be honest, I love all of the blogs I follow, so I went through my list and tagged the first 11 with under 200 followers!)
Abby from All Things Abby
Abigail from *Abigail Alice*
Nikki from Blushed on a Budget
Becky from Birds in Blossom
Stacey from Beauty Diaryy
Natasha from Catching Dreams
Emily from Emilicia STYLE
Eline from Eline Blaise
Emily from Glittery Teacups
Charlotte from GagaAboutBeauty
Questions for my Nominees!
1. Coca Cola or Pepsi? And if neither, tell me your favourite bevi!
2. Vanilla or Chocolate? And if neither... Favourite flavour?
3. Favourite Beauty Guru/Idol?
4. Favourite fashion/style idol?
5. Place you would most like to travel to?
6. Favourite novel/author?
7. If you could only ever shop (for fashion and beauty related things) in one place from now until you die, where would you choose?
8. Who is your absolute favourite blogger?
9. Cats or Dogs? (or other?)
10. What is your favourite memory?
11. Why did you start blogging and where would you like for it to go?
Thank you again to all of my followers and to Lilian! I'm super glad you're all here for the ride, and I hope you enjoyed reading this post, and getting to know a little bit more about me!