Search This Blog

1/09/2014

Current Trends I'm Loving

Today I thought I would post a few of the current trends that I am loving.

One of the current trends I am loving includes leggings-as-pants which is obvious is you've seen any of my OOTD posts. I wear leggings everywhere and my Lululemon leggings feel like a dream to wear. They are so comfy. I didn't think they deserved their own picture, however I own quite a few pairs.


The next trend I am loving is faux leather in general, and faux leather accents. This is my winter jacket which I bought at Garage. It is my baby. It's called the Whistler coat and has faux fur in the hood and throughout the jacket itself. It keeps me super warm and is super stylish. And the faux leather detailing on the arms and the shoulders as well as the pockets make this jacket super edgy and super chic. They are no longer selling this coat as I bought it at the beginning of the winter season, however, if you check out their other outwear they do have other coats with leather detailing as well that are equally as cute!




The next trend I've been loving is crop tops! Here are four of the many crop tops that I own. The first second and fourth are from Urban Outfitters. Urban Outfitters had so many cute crop tops on sale during their college sale (50% off sale items with a valid student card, yesss) so I took advantage of that. The first looks super cute with the Zara skater skirt I will be showing later, and the 2nd and fourth look cute with the American Apparel maxi skirt I will be showing later. The third I got second hand, and I'm not sure where it's from, but the tag says 'Jerry Hall', and looks cute with a pair of high-waisted leggings or even just a pair of skinny jeans (or high-waisted skinny jeans!).

Another trend I'm loving is skater skirts, and I especially love this cute little red number from Zara. It has gold buttons on the side, and it can be dressed up or worn casually. I wish I had more!

Another trendy skirt I'm loving is maxi skirts. I especially love this one from American Apparel. You can purchase it and the same skirt in many other cute colours here.

This is part of the outfit I am wearing today, and that's destroyed jeans. My shape doesn't allow me to wear boyfriend jeans at the moment but destroyed boyfriend jeans just have this cute, chic edge to them that I love. These are my light wash destroyed skinny jeans from American Eagle.

I am also loving scrunchies. I remember growing up and always hating when all the 'cool' girls were wearing the small elastic hair ties and I was stuck wearing ugly scrunchies, but now I LOVE them. I think they're so cute! I got these ones from American Apparel.

These photos represent two of my current favourite trends, and that is comfy grandpa sweaters/any sort of warm knit sweater, and unexpected studding detail. Firstly, it is FREEZING outside right now, and so warm sweaters are a MUST and they are perfect and often quite cute. And this particularly studding really surprised me, but gives a comfy casual sweater an edge. You'd never expect to find wool and studs together, and that's what I love about it! This particular sweater is from Topshop.

I am also IN LOVE with sheer blouses. This is one of the many that I have, and this particular one is from H&M. They're really dressy and can be dressed up, but certain ones can also make a hot & scandalous clubbing outfit.

The last trend I'm loving is statement necklaces but unfortunately I don't own any yet! I found this image with a Google search. I really especially love the ones like number two and number eight in the photo. Triangles are such a hip and trendy shape right now, and I'm all on board!

Anyways, that's all for today, and I hope you enjoyed this post! Talk to you tomorrow.

xoxox

1 comment:

  1. If black off shoulder dress keeps women a sense of mystery.Then v neck skater dress shows the neat and pure of a girl.

    ReplyDelete